Double DepthRegular price $0.00
**We will resume taking orders for 8' wide greens in January 2023**
**Putting Greens with a custom logo printed on the surface will be shipping mid-January 2023 (custom logo flag orders are still available for Holiday delivery)**
Visit our Holiday Shipping page for more information on product availability, order deadlines for Holiday delivery, and current shipping and production times.
Green Builder putting greens ship to the U.S. only. Check out our putting packages if you are outside the U.S.
Once assembled, our DIY Double Depth putting greens are a full 1" thick, allowing the ball to drop more fully into the cup when a putt is made. Made with the same state-of-the-art putting surface as our Classic greens, the Double Depth greens also feature a putting surface with two stimp speeds so you can practice putting both into the grain and against the grain on the same surface.
- Assembly required
- Customize your speed and practice relative to the grain
- Ball drops into the 1" deep cup without a contrived ramp
- Easily create breaks and contours
THE BIRDIEBALL DIFFERENCE
Why is our putting green so different from our competitors? At BirdieBall, we believe that having a true-rolling green is everything. This starts by understanding how a natural putting green works. A natural putting green surface is comprised of short, supple, randomly distributed nubs of grass that allow the ball to be supported on the spongy sub-base of the putting green. The mown nubs of grass then control the speed of the putt. BirdieBall indoor putting greens are engineered in the exact same way, using a dense and spongy foam material. We roll the sub-base perfectly flat, and then are able to extract grass-like nubs from the surface of the spongy base, which controls the speed. This radically new and authentic approach has been awarded US Patent 8,979,663! Competitor greens are made on a loom using a woven pattern of long, rigid strands of plastic, which is nothing like a natural green.
WHAT DOES THIS GREEN COME WITH?
Each Green automatically comes with the following (If you choose extra side bumpers, or any other accessories, those items will be included in addition to what is listed below):
- Putting surface
- Sub-base piece
- Hole Cutter (you cut the holes yourself once the sub-base is adhered to the putting surface)
- Cutting Board will be included to place underneath your green when cutting your own holes
- Double sided carpet tape to adhere your sub-base piece to the putting surface (note: the videos show adhesive spray being used. We have recently switched to the double sided carpet tape)
- Cups and flags for as many as you choose in the "Number of Cups & Flags" section (Choose up to 3 for free)
- Heavy Rubber Bumpers for both ends of the green (you may choose to add additional bumpers)
- Hole Reduction Insert to reduce the size of the hole to 2 ½” in diameter
Please note: All BirdieBall Putting Greens are measured in nominal inches. In order to get the green packed in a box for shipping, along with the hand crafted nature of our greens, the measurements can vary slightly. See below for the nominal range of measurements depending on which width you order.
- 2' wide greens: 23-25 inches wide
- 3' wide greens: 34-36 inches wide
- 4' wide greens: 46- 48 inches wide
- 8' wide greens: 94-96 inches wide *All 8' Wide Greens have a seam*
These are indoor putting greens and are not engineered to withstand being used outdoors (the sun can damage the putting green). If you need a durable outdoor putting green, click here.